Tuesday, November 17, 2009

37 Days 'til Christmas

It's November 17 and its 3 degrees outside right now. This is Manitoba, right? Not that I'm complaining but its harder to get into the Christmas spirit when its so beautiful outside.

This Christmas I'm making a committment to try as hard as I can to handmade gifts. Or at least I will buy homemade gifts. It sounds so easy but it actually is so hard. Sometimes its easier to just buy the people we love something useless and expensive. I'm not doing this to save money necessarily but I wanted to embrace the true meaning of Christmas by showing my loved ones how much I care.

I'm learning to crochet as part of this endeavour. I rented some books from the library and it looked easy. I'm finding it pretty difficult. I keep trying buy I can't seem to hold my hook tight. Just practice, practice, practice.

Tomorrow I believe I'm going to start decorating my home for Christmas. Then perhaps start some yummy Christmas baking..yum, yum
Maybe I'll start with this scrumptious Cranberry Pear Crumble.
Cranberries are a great festive fruit:)
after midnight...(yawn) time for bed before Cohen awakens...
xoxoxo

No comments: