Monday, October 17, 2011

{faith} Psalms

This fall, in Sunday School, we are working through the pratical application of Praise. The pastor (my dad!) is challenging us to memorize scripture. Honestly, I haven't done this for at least 12 years. As a class we are working through some Psalms.

This class has been personally challenging for me. Its forcing me out of my comfort zone, which is definetly a good thing. I find its so much easier to worship the Lord, then praise Him. Praise is supposed to be loud and clamourous. I would rather listen to some worship music, close my eyes, and be silent.

While reading my Bible this morning, I came across a verse that really woke me up:


With every bone in my body, I will praise Him...
Psalm 35:10A


Every bone? I can hardly comprehend that. That means with everything that I am I praise Him. Giving everything in Praise. So vulnerable.


My toddler has been a major inspiration and example to me of this verse. If I put on a praise cd, he will dance around without any regard for anybody. Purely innocent. He has no insecurities. He will yell at the top of his lungs: "Hallelujah" "Yeah, Jesus!" He always asks me to dance with Him. I do. But I can't do it like him. I always hold back. I don't want to look foolish, but it shouldn't matter. Praise is about giving back to Jesus. He has done so much for me. It shouldn't matter what others think. It should only matter what He thinks.

Its easy to type, easy to say...but extremely difficult to live out. Its a journey. I'm working on it! I want to live with no abandon. Fully free.




1 comment:

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)