Monday, December 28, 2009

i had a wonderful christmas.

This was Cohen's first Christmas. Although at five and half months, he wasn't as into it as I was.
This is a pastel drawing of Cohen that my brother in law, Jeff, made for us for Christmas. Words cannot describe what this means to me!




Its been a couple of busy weeks but I'm excited about what's to come in 2010. I have yet to set out some goals...but I will start with revealing my some of my handmade gifts.

I used Elsie's moustaches to the envelopes on my christmas cards.

My dad is insanely difficult to find gifts for. When you ask him what he wants he just says: "time with the family." Sweet? yes...but I can't just not get him anything. So I used to Style School tutorial and made him this shadow box of things that remind me of him:


For my little "sister" Steph, who is in university, I made her this laptop sleeve:


We took Cohen to see Santa..he wasn't scared at all but he did flirt alot with the little girl elf.


For my neice and son and all of our friends kids...I made them each a sock monkey. I started them in November and they were really the first thing I have ever really sewed. So the craftsmanship leaves something to be desired. But I think they are kinda cute.


I guess I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the gifts that I made. I made my mom some cup cozies, my sister a bag out of a tank top...I think that's it!


I hope everyone had a great christmas...I'll leave you with some pics of some of the gifts I received for Christmas:



cupcake lip gloss


Cohen's face is priceless here.
my hubby got me a ipod touch ! I've wanted one for so long. And I already purchased the Owl city album!
Check out this sweet chick from Germany. She has great tutorials. Thanks to her I learned how to make a granny square!
what was your christmas/holidays like?
xoxo


No comments: