Friday, February 19, 2010

vintage books

I love to read. Somedays all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with a warm blanket, some hot tea and a great book. *dream*
My favourite books are vintage ones. I love the way the smell and the way the paper feels. Its interesting to read all the different words and sayings of the times they were written in. I'm reading a book right now about the revolution in Nova Scotia and there are a lot of "thy's" and "thou's".

I'm going to try hard to get Cohen to love to read. I read to him while I was pregnant and I read to him now. Its getting hard right now because he wants to hold the books and eat the pages! I'm looking right now for vintage children's books.

Classic



The illustrations on these books were so simple and so beautiful!






I love this suitcase inspiried by illustrations






Oh Dick and Jane! How you taught me to read...











How great would these lamps look in a children's room..love it!


Its going to be a long day. We are having company for supper...which we hardly ever do...meaning I don't remember the last time. I'm not too confident in my cooking abilities but I guess I have to get over it:)
I'm going to do a lot of prep this morning so I won't be so stressed this afternoon.
have a great day!
tamara
xoxo



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading, too. There are few things more pleasurable for me than reading, and I can't go to sleep without at least reading a page from whatever book I'm reading at the moment.

By the way, I gave your blog a shout-out on my most recent post. :-)

{eleise} said...

What get finds! I used to love those See Dick & Jane books!

M.M.E. said...

Such wonderful vintage books. And I love that trunk! I hope your day goes well!

Kyla Roma said...

Those are amazing! I have so many things that I've been wanting to do, but getting out and finding some vintage books (hopefully Manitoban ones).

Hope the meal went well and the books aren't being eaten ;)