Friday, February 5, 2010

February is Heart Month

February is Valentines and love but its also heart month for The Heart and Stroke Foundation. I volunteered to be a canvasser for one street in our town. I was really excited about it until I started today. As I was walking up the driveway of the first house, I became so nervous and remember how much I dislike having someone come to my house. I believe in the cause and so want to help. I finished one sectio of my route but I came home feeling pretty bummed. I don't really want to quit...I don't want to be a quitter. But I don't know if I'm cut out for this.

What would you do?


If you would like to donate to the Heart and Stroke Foundation click here. (canada)

2 comments:

Kyla Roma said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway, and I'm so excited to have found another Manitoban! Looking forward to reading through your blog this weekend- have a great day!

And good luck canvassing- it's tough stuff! If you decide to move forward with it, know that volunteering your time is at least as important as how many people you get to donate. You're right, it's an outdated method, and it's not an easy thing to do- and it's hard to be approached at your house!

Good luck deciding!

Meg said...

just be positive! if you really believe in the cause, people will see that through the "canvassing" and even if you don't see a lot of success, at least you are trying and making an effort. heart-health awareness is so important, and you are bring that awareness right to people's doors!