Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recipe Wednesday



The biggest difficulty I find being a wife/mom is meal ideas. I have several goals when meal planning:




  • save money




  • enough prepared food for leftovers




  • quick prep




  • healthy as possible




My boss told me of an idea that I think is the most genius thing ever! Slow cooker chicken! I know, I know..you are thinking what's so ingenious about slow cooker chicken, right?





Easy peasy...take at least three FROZEN chicken breasts and put them in your slow cooker. Sprinkle some sort of seasoning over top. I used some poultry seasoning but you can use whatever you want. Turn you slow cooker on. And that's it. I had my on low for at least 6 hours. Or overnight and then keep it warm until you are ready to eat.





Your house will smell of roast chicken..yum! Take the leftover juice and add some cornstarch and you have a perfect gravy.





The possibilities are endless with this chicken. Use it for any meal that you need cooked chicken for. For example, soups, pizzas...etc!

Super easy! Enjoy!

No comments: