Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas*Countdown {20 days}

I love Christmas! It is full of magical snowfalls and cozy hot-chocolate filled nights. I love the hustle and bustle of baking, making handmade, thoughtful gifts and celebrating with friends and family. This year I'm especially busy because I'm trying to finish my Personal training course before Christmas. That means alot of studying on top of everything else.

For the next few weeks I'm going to share some of the things that I'm keeping busy with during this Christmas season.

Today's recipe is my #1 Holiday treat: Marshmallow Squares or Confetti Square

note: this image is from google as we ate all ours before a photo could be snapped!


What you'll need:
1/2 cup of margarine
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups butterscotch chips (make it a chocolate square by substituting choc. chips.)
1 to 1-1/2 cups of coloured marshmallows (it just looks nicer than plain white ones)
  1. Line a 9x9 pan or 9x13 pan with waxed paper (both the sides and the bottom).
  2. Place margarine and peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until they are melted together.
  3. Remove from heat.
  4. Stir in butterscotch chips immediately until they are melted.
  5. Set aside and let cool until the bottom of the pan can be touched comfortably.
  6. Stir in marshamllows and pour the mixture in lined pan.
  7. Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour.
  8. ENJOY:):)

I have so many memories of my grandma making this at Christmas time! I plan to make it part of my family traditions for my son.

Even as I'm typing this I get all giddy inside for Christmas. Christ's birth is such a reason to celebrate!!!

tamara
xoxo

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

thanks for posting this! i've been wanting to make these for years. : )